Written by Tandana
Sunday, 22 July 2007 22:35
This archiving project has been carried out by the Department of Humanities, University of Central Lancashire and is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund. The work is supported by an advisory committee, which includes individuals who were involved in these campaigns, academics and archivists.
Tandana - Aims
- Tandana aims to archive the visual and ephemeral culture of South Asian struggle in Britain for social, cultural and political rights.
- Tandana aims to give value to this heritage through:
a. the creation of a centralised and accessible archive.
b. the collection of supportive and contextual documentation.
- Tandana will digitise the ephemera and make this heritage accessible through the web to allow access by as wide a number of people as possible.
- Mukhtar Dar - former member of AYM (Sheffield)
- Matloob Hussayn Ali Khan, former member of AYM (Sheffield)
- John Hutnyk - Centre for Cultural Studies, Goldsmiths College
- Virinder Kalra - Department of Sociology, University of Manchester
- Tabasum Khan - Technical Consultant
- Tariq Mehmood - former member of AYM (Bradford)
- Anandi Ramamurthy - Project Manager, Tandana, Department of Humanities, University of Central Lancashire
- Wendy Webster - Department of Humanities, University of Central Lancashire
- Talat Butt - IT Consultant
If you would like to get in touch with the archive please contact:
Tandana - Glowworm
Department of Humanities
University of Central Lancashire
Tel: 01772 893040
Last Updated on Friday, 27 July 2007 11:37